Hit Counters

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

FACISM?

(Red White and Blue Words are Characteristics I Feel America Has Met. How Patriotic of me to use these colors, no?)

CHARACTERISTICS OF FASCISM


1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
4. Supremacy of the Military
5. Rampant Sexism
6. Controlled Mass Media
7. Obsession with National Security
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined
9. Corporate Power is Protected
10. Labor Power is Suppressed
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
14. Fraudulent Elections (No true Proof)

Lots of Bold and Colored Sections, No? Think about it really hard.

8 comments:

  1. So they score 10/14 characteristics of fascism, but according to Keith Olbermann (2006) the government only keeps 1/10 of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights.

    When in the course of human events...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the last election and current climate in America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe as a woman I recognize the Rampant Sexism more. Regardless - that shit pisses me off.

    For anyone who thinks Obama isn't sexist - check out his voting record when it comes to woman's issues. He doesn't even care enough to vote on 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'm biased, but I would replace the elephant with an "O" on your flag & I agree with Leslie the Pirate that the 2008 election illustrated rampant sexism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ott, but why is your blog flagged for adult content when most milblogs are not? Is there some process with blogger where you can petition the restraint removal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. & lastly, I don't see how you can say #10 is true with the sweet deal the UAW just finagled from the GM bankruptcy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey adagioforsrings - Eblogger let's the writer of the blog decide if they want to add an adult content flag at the beginning. Unless I missed something?

    I choose to put one on my bolg 'cause I like to swear a lot. After all, I'm a pirate for fuck sake.

    ReplyDelete